THE TRUSTCARE FERTILITY CENTRE
The Trustcare Fertility Centre [TRUFERT] is one of the newest and also one of the most organized, most equipped, result-oriented and most plush fertility centers in Ghana.
OUR PHILOSOPHY:We believe that THE ALMIGHTY GOD is the IN-CHARGE of this centre; “…We are simply God’s servants by whom we are led to believe. Each one of us does the work which the Lord tells us to do. We sow the seed…but it is God who makes the plant grow. For we are partners working together for God and you (our clients) are God’s field”. 1 Cor 3:5-9.
So when you come to TRUSTCARE FERTILITY CENTRE (TRUFERT ), have faith in GOD and trust that He is going to use us to let you have your baby/babies
TRUFERT has well equipped state- of -the –art IVF laboratories, laparoscopic tower and hysteroscopic machine, as well as 3-dimensional ultrasound machine that facilitates ovum pick-up and embryo transfer. There is also 24-hour power supply.
Services available to assist couples to achieve conception -- Called ASSISTED CONCEPTION PROCEDURES include the following:
1. In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)This involves obtaining eggs from the female partner or a donor, obtaining sperms from male partner or a donor, preparing the eggs and sperms, putting them in a laboratory glass dish then into machine (incubator) to fertilize (fuse together) and transferring the fertilized egg(s) called embryo(s) into the womb of the woman. This is commonly done if both Fallopian tubes are blocked, or the sperms are too few, or another woman’s eggs are going to be used for fertilization, or the woman’s eggs has to be stored for future use due to a disease condition requiring the surgical removal of both ovaries or another woman is going to carry the pregnancy or intrauterine insemination(IUI, see below) fails to result in pregnancy.
2. Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)After obtaining the eggs and the sperms, the clinical embryologist (laboratory scientist) injects the sperms into the eggs (one sperm into one egg), then put these sperm-injected eggs into dish and then into the incubator for fertilization to occur, the resulting embryo(s) is then transferred into the woman’s womb. This is usually done if the sperms are very few.
3. Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI)This involves obtaining semen from male partner or donor, preparing the semen sample and putting the sperms into the woman’s womb at the time she is about to release her egg(s) (ovulate).This is done for various conditions which you will be told of when you come for the counseling and service
4. Sperm PreservationMale partners who stay abroad or are travelling can have their sperms preserved in our lab, to be used for the female partner later.
5. Embryo Preservation.Fresh embryos give better pregnancy rate and outcome than frozen embryos. However in situations where we have left-over very good grade embryos we preserve these embryos for future use.